Getting the most of your St. Maarten - St. Martin trip!
Knowing the vacation rental business for 15 years+, I want to share some tips and tricks for getting the most from your trip to the islands, and especially to the popular island of St. Maarten (former Dutch part) and St. Martin (French part).
- Understand the seasons! Xmas to April is high season, rates are higher for air tickets, for car rentals, and for accommodation. Little chance for deals!
- The other months are times, when customers are kings.September is extremely quiet. No tourist business as it is hurricane season. Stay away in September.
- Look for air seats first! You can save the most by getting your flight tickets first. If possible by any means, take the popular routes from NYC or Boston, which have the most competition. Accommodation is not restricted to Saturday/Saturday cycles at most condos and villas. Go for the days with the lowest flight rates.
- How to find a vacation rental! Here is a good summary for more on this. Click!
- Compromise for a block to the back! Beachfront properties are rare. If you are not a big spender, you may want to reduce your accommodation cost by 50% to 75% by accepting a property, which is not beachfront.
|Dreams can become reality!|
More tips to come! Enjoy your island time!